Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Work of Art of Which I am the Most Proud


This piece of work originated from the still-life unit in which I was instructed to render a scene of my choosing, drawn from life. This assignment was the first time I had every seriously tried to use only value to create depth and volume, as well as my first drawing from life. Through the assignment I learned how to better use value, something which I also had little experience in doing. I learned to push contrasts when necessary to give the objects form and volume and depth, and to pay close attention to which areas have subtle changes and which areas have grand changes to value. This piece stands as my favorite because of how much I learned, and how surprised I was to find out that, in some respect, I had it in me all along. The still-life unit gave me more confidence than I had previously in my artistic abilities, and that confidence allowed me to release any tentative feelings I had when starting the projects which would follow, and ultimately flourish.



No comments:

Post a Comment