Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Realistic Self-Portrait

 


I was given feedback primarily on the proportions and features of my face; I revised my nose which was too long, my ears which were too long, my eyes which didn’t look like mine, my hair, my neck, and my mouth--essentially the entire face. These are all evidenced in my final drawing, as these changes are what made my final drawing.

My shading has improved immensely; no longer are there large swaths of single-toned areas but areas which sweep into each other and mimic how light actually works. Everything has so much more detail from my eyes, to my hair, to my nose especially -- these forms are much more developed in my final drawing than they were initially. Finally, the proportions of the face are much more accurate in the final drawing than in my pre-instructional drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment