Monday, October 17, 2016

Eyes, Nose, and Mouth Exercise







Purpose: 
• To demonstrate understanding of the structure for each feature: eyes, nose, & mouth;
• To practice using black & white charcoal to render a drawing, using brown paper as the middle value

The primary which works well in my drawings is the shading. It’s clear to see where there is darkness and where there is light for the most part, although at times there is less definition in some areas and more in others. One thing that needs more work is how I capture my own likeness. For instance, one can tell the eye I have drawn is an eye, and that the nose I drew is a nose, but for the most part they don’t look like my own nose. This is an important thing to accomplish when doing a self portrait, otherwise it will look just like a portrait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment